Channel 6 News - Search Results
Albany hospital on lockdown after inmate swallows battery
ALBANY -- An inmate who swallowed a battery ended up putting an Albany hospital on lock down on Thursday.
The inmate had just arrived in Albany County Jail when he told guards that he had ingested a battery containing C4, an explosive. Albany County Sheriff's Deputies took the man to Albany Memorial Hospital as a precaution. The staff there was notified and the hospital was put on lock down.
Officials say x-rays revealed the inmate had ingested a AA or AAA battery, but no C4 was found. He was taken back to Albany County Jail where medical staff are observing him.
At this time, the Sheriff was unsure if the man will be charged for making false statements.