Channel 6 News - Search Results

The following is an archived video story. The text content of that video story is available below for reference. The original video has been deleted and is no longer available.

Cleanup continues at site of home explosion

SCHENECTADY -- Crews resumed cleanup on Tuesday at the scene of a home explosion on Paige Street on Sunday.

Police say they had to stop removing debris on Monday after a gas leak was discovered nearby.

Investigators are still trying to determine exactly what caused the blast at 310 Paige Street. The home was vacant and owned by the City of Schenectady. Officials say the natural gas was still connected. According to the city, keeping utilities on helps prevent mold from forming during the summer or frozen pipes in the winter.

Fortunately, no one was injured in the explosion.
 
Advertise with us!
Advertise with us!