Channel 6 News - Search Results
Local man rescues woman from Albany fire
ALBANY -- Fire crews were called to Sheridan Avenue between Lark Street and Henry Johnson Boulevard a little after 12:30 p.m. Tuesday for a two-alarm fire.
The initial call came in saying there were people trapped inside.
When crews arrived everyone inside the burning building managed to get out, and some say it was because of a local hero, a passerby that saw thick smoke and decided to help out.
"I pulled over, called 911, and then ran into the building and started pulling people out, get people out," says Ken Radley.
The fire chief also tells CBS6 they think unattended cooking started the fire, but at this time they are still investigating.