Channel 6 News - Search Results
Fire Crews battled fire in Albany Saturday night
ALBANY - Albany Fire crews battled a fire on Saturday night in Albany.
Albany Fire Battalion Chief Bill Hummel said that smoke was first reported at 162 Second St. at 8:54pm. Fire crews were on the scene at 8:57pm when they found the fire on the second floor spreading to 164 Second St.
According to Chief Hummel it took 30 firefighters about an hour to get the fire under control. One civilian was injured in the blaze. The building on 162 Second St suffered major damage while 164 Second St suffered moderate damage.
Officials say that Fire Investigator Paul Lawton determined the fire to have been accidental due to an unattended candle.
Chief Hummel warned that candles are an unattended flame and should not be left alone.