Channel 6 News - Search Results
Roofing fumes clear Menands building
MENANDS A Menands complex reopened on Friday after being shut down by fumes that made their way inside the building.
Firefighters were called out to the Riverview Center on Broadway Thursday afternoon when workers on the top floor of the building complained of a strong odor and one of them fell ill. The Town of Colonie hazardous materials unit was able to track down the source.
There was a roofing outfit doing some repairs on the roof, and they were using a chemical compound. One of the heating units was pulling the chemical back in the building, says Daniel Sulli, the HazMat chief.
The building has reportedly been aired out and workers were cleared to return.