WRGB Search Results

The following is an archived video story. The text content of that video story is available below for reference. The original video has been deleted and is no longer available.

'Disgusting' Guilderland Bullying Video

GUILDERLAND -

What you see is Guilderland high school.

What you hear is disturbing.

A 5 minute video posted to YouTube Monday was full of vulgar, nasty derogatory comments, many of them sexual in nature, and targeting a long list of Guilderland high school students, all identified by name.  The unknown rappers fail to identify themselves, other than to suggest they are students.

Guilderland superintendent Marie Wiles says, I was shocked. It is some of the worst behavior I have ever seen or watched.

Wiles and high school principal Tom Lutsic were alerted to the video Tuesday morning by outraged parents and concerned students.  They say some students were too upset to attend school today.

"We find this shocking and disappointing and scary, says Wiles, and we will investigate and follow the code of conduct and do the right thing."

Some of the parents of the children targeted in the video say they are incredibly upset, and don't just want this handled in school.  They've already contacted police to demand a full scale investigation.

Guilderland police Sgt. Roger Ginder says the department is already looking into the video and expects they'll catch up with those responsible pretty quickly.  He says the 'rappers' made it worse for themselves by targeting so many kids by name.

"Its definitely guided and directed towards specific people, which changes things a little bit," says Sgt. Ginder.  "People are specifically targeted, now we have formal victims."

If treated as adults, Ginder says those responsible could face serious charges.

Most concerning, he says, is that despite all that's being done to prevent bullying, some kids still don't get it.

"Its kind of disheartening after so many years.  It still goes on."

Superintendent Wiles says punishment at school could include up to a year's suspension.  Sgt. Ginder is making a plea to those responsible to turn themselves in.

When CBS 6 first learned of the video, we contacted YouTube and asked that it be taken down.  School officials have done the same.

Around 4:30pm Tuesday, the video was removed ''by the user''.

Before its removal, the video had been viewed more than 1,500 times and received more than 30 likes from viewers compared to just 19 ''dislikes''.