Channel 6 News - Search Results

The following is an archived video story. The text content of that video story is available below for reference. The original video has been deleted and is no longer available.

Equipment fire knocks out power to 1,600 in Menands

MENANDS - A fire at a National Grid Substation has knocked out power to about 1,600 residents.

A National Grid spokesman says the cause of the fire was an equipment failure of a metal gear switch.

The fire was discovered around 11:30  at the sub station near 1125 Broadway in Albany/Menands Tuesday and quickly contained. 

Households without power were switched over to another sub station, then fully restored by 2:00 p.m. Tuesday.
 
Advertise with us!
Advertise with us!