CBS6 - Search Results
Smokey house fire in Schenectady
SCHENECTADY -- Flames broke out at a Schenectady home that was under construction Tuesday morning.
1618 Foster Avenue was going through renovations at the time of the fire, although it is unknown if the cause of the blaze has to do with those electrical renovations.
A man who smelled smoke and kicked in the doors told CBS6 he saw three lit candles on the first floor of the home.
"We were hollering at everyone to call the fire department," says neighbor, Dwayne Olds. "Someone said there might be somebody inside, so I went in, I kicked the doors in and I looked around, no one was there."
Meanwhile, the fire chief deputy told us it looked as though the fire originated from the second floor.