Channel 6 News - Search Results
RAW: Flames break out at Latham home
LATHAM -- A quick response by the Verdoy Volunteer Fire Department had a chimney fire knocked down within minutes.
Flames broke out at 2247 River Road just before 11:30 a.m. on Monday.
CBS6 Reporter Chris Gloninger, a former firefighter, was on assignment when he saw flames shooting from the chimney and alerted the homeowner who then called 911.
Verdoy volunteers arrived at the scene in under five minutes, according to Gloninger, and had the flames out shortly after.
No one was hurt. The home sustained only some smoke and fire damage.