WRGB/WCWN NO TEXT ZONE CONTEST RULES
Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be New York residents who are 16 years of age or older, reside in the WRGB viewing area, and if entering via Facebook, be an existing member of Facebook. One entry per person. Existing members of the No Text Zone are automatically entered.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications, LLC, and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast WRGB/WCWN (collectively the Station"), Buddy Media, Inc., Ciceron, Inc., Facebook, Inc., Facebook.com, The Douglas Group, Inc. dba UPICKEM, Finkelstein & Partners, Koto Restaurant, Mazzone Hospitality, Inc., White Management, their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term "immediate families" includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren. Only one winner per household.
How to Enter
1. No purchase is necessary to enter. Only one entry per phase per person.
2. To enter Log on to www.cbs6albany.com and click on the No Text Zone link. To enter via Facebook, log onto the WRGB CBS6 Albany Facebook page at www.facebook.com/CBS6Albany, and click Like to access the No Text Zone online contest entry page and online entry form. Fill out the registration form with your full name, email, phone number, age, address, city, state, zip code, accept the No Text Zone pledge, and submit. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
3. The contest starts on January 1, 2014, and ends at 5:00 p.m. EST on December 31, 2014 (the Contest Period). Entries must be received by Station by 5:00 p.m. ET on the last day of each month during the Contest Period to qualify for the monthly drawing. Station is not responsible for late, lost or misdirected entries, server unavailability, cellular, wireless, computer or any other electronic malfunction.
4. On the first business day of each month during the Contest Period, one (1) winner will be selected by random drawing from among all valid No Text Zone registrations, for a total of twelve (12) winners. Remaining valid entries will carry over to the next monthly drawing.
5. All entries received that are duplicate, mutilated, tampered with, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and the Station and will not be acknowledged or returned.
1. Each of the twelve (12) winners will receive a restaurant gift card valued at $100. The gift card will be from one of the following restaurants, as determined by the Station at time of selection:
White Management - Bountiful Bread, Creo', Mangia, OR Log Jam
Mazzone hospitality, Inc. " Angelos 677 Prime, Angelo's Tavolo, Angelo's Prime Bar + Grill, Aperitivo Bistro, The Inn at Glen Sanders Mansion, Patron's Club at the Hall of Springs, Prime at Saratoga National, OR Tala Bistro
Each prize value is $100. Each prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the Restaurant.
2. The winner(s) will be notified by phone or email. Before claiming the prize, winner must provide their correct name, address and telephone number to Station at the time of notification. The winner(s) must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within ten (10) business days of notification at the time winner (s) claim his/her prize in person at the Station. The winner(s) must show picture identification to claim prizes. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. If a winner cannot be notified within five (5) business days, or does not sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility within ten (10) business days, then the prize will be forfeited, and another winner will be randomly selected from among remaining valid No Text Zone registrations.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. The winners are responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules.
6. Only one prize will be awarded per contestant, per phase.
7. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Television Group, Inc., and Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
8. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Television Group, Inc., and Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
9. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Television Group, Inc., and Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
10. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Television Group, Inc., and Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
1. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
2. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at 1400 Balltown Road, Niskayuna, NY 12309 and on the Station's website at www.cbs6albany.com.
3. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to WRGB/WCWN 1400 Balltown Road, Niskayuna, NY 12309 by January 5, 2015.
4. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications, LLC, Finkelstein & Partners, Mazzone Hospitality, Inc., White Management , and Koto Restaurant accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
5. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information.
6. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.
7. By entering this contest, each entrant waives any and all claims of liability against the Station, any sponsors, Facebook.com, and their respective parent, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, for any and all claims, loss, damage or injury which may occur as a result of entrants participation in this contest.
8. Facebook, Inc. and www.facebook.com (collectively, Facebook) are not affiliated with the Station nor this contest. This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by or associated with Facebook.