1. To be eligible to participatein this contest, entrants must be United States residents who are 18years of age or older and reside in the WRGB viewing area. Nominees must bebetween the ages of 5 and 18, participate in either and individual or teamsport, and reside in the WRGB viewing area.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc.,Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications, LLC, and any othercompany which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcaststation WRGB/WCWM (the Station), Buddy Media, Inc., Ciceron, Inc., Facebook,Inc., Facebook.com, The Douglas Group, Inc. dba UPICKEM, Capital RegionOrthopaedics: The Bone & Joint Specialists, their affiliated companies,advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast andcable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate familymembers of each are ineligible. The termimmediate families includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, childrenand grandchildren.
How to Enter
(a) No purchase is necessary to enter. Only oneentry per entrant per IP address. Anominee may receive more than one (1) nomination from different entrants.
(b) To enter, log onto to http://cbs6albany.com/news/features/your-personal-best/and complete the online entry/nomination form with your name, email address, age,phone number, name of nominee, brief explanation of nominees athleticachievement(s), sportsmanship, team spirit, and/or passion both on and off thefield, and submit. The onlineentry/nomination form can also be accessed through the WRGB Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/CBS6Albany.Click Like to access the Your Personal Best microsite and online entry formlocated at http://cbs6albany.com/news/features/your-personal-best/. By entering, entrants agree that thenominee, not the entrant, may be deemed a winner.
(c) If attaching an optional photowith the entry/nomination, it must be in .jpg format. No mechanicallyreproduced or incomplete entries will be accepted.
(d) By entering an optional photo,entrants represent and warrant (i) that they own the photograph submitted, (ii)it does not violate the rights of any third parties, (iii) the picture has not been altered orenhanced with any software (excluding redeye), and (iv) that they agree to theterms and conditions located at http://www.cbs6albany.com/station/legal/terms.shtml. No lewd, nude, or offensive photographs (asdetermined by the Station in its sole and absolute discretion) will beaccepted. The Station reserves the right in its sole and absolutediscretion to disqualify any entry.
(e) The contest starts on October 15, 2012ends on June 3, 2013 (the Contest Period). Entries must be received by 11:59a.m. ET on each Friday during the Contest Period to qualify for the weekly judging. Station is not responsible for lost, late, ormisdirected entries, printing errors, server unavailability, computer or anyother electronic malfunction.
(f) Each Friday during the Contest Periodbeginning October 19, 2012, nominees will be judged by a panel of three (3)judges comprised of Station personnel based on athletic achievement (5%), sportsmanship/inspirationto fellow team mates/athletes/community (55%) and newsworthiness t (40%). Each week during the Contest Period, thejudges will determine one (1) winner based on the criterion set forth above,for a total of up to thirty-three (33) weekly winners. Remaining valid entrieswill carry over to the next weekly judging. The Station reserves the right to not select a winner during any weekduring the Contest Period if, in the Stations sole and absolute discretion,sufficient entries/nominations are not received.
(g) All entries received that are mutilated, tampered with, incorrect,illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of SinclairBroadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and the Station and willnot be acknowledged or returned.
1. Up to thirty three (33) nominees will beselected during the Contest Period. Each winner will have a Personal Best news segment created and airedon the Station the following week. As acondition of winning, nominee must be present for videotaping on a date andtime determined by the Station. Thevalue of the prize cannot be determined.
2. Winning nominees will be notified by phone. Winner(s)must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must bereceived within 3-5 days of notification at the time winner(s) claim his/herprize in person at the Station. If awinner is a minor, then the winners parents or guardian must sign a releaseand affidavit of eligibility before the winner receives his or her prize. Winner(s) or their parent/legal guardian mustshow picture identification to claim prizes. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and maychoose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identificationpresented.
3. If a winner cannot be notified within 3-5 days, is not available tovideotape his/her Personal Best news segment, or does not timely sign andreturn the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will beforfeited, and time permitting, the prize may be awarded to an alternate winneras determined by the judges and the Station in their sole and absolutediscretion.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except atthe sole discretion of Station. TheStation has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes isallowed.
5. Each winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state andfederal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes asset forth in these rules. Winner mustsign a W-9 form.
6. Only one prize will be awarded per nominee.
7.Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair TelevisionGroup, Inc. are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly orindirectly from the award or use of the prize.
8. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge thatSinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., SinclairTelevision Group, Inc., and Capital Region Orthopaedics have the right topublicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact thatyou are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
1. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday duringnormal business hours at WRGB, 1400 Balltown Road, Schenectady, NY 12309and on the Stations website at www.CBS6Albany.comat the Upickem link for this contest.
2. For a list of contest winners, send aseparate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to WRGB, Attn: Promotions and Contests,1400 Balltown Road, Schenectady, NY 12309 by June 15,2012. Due to the nature of thispromotion, only the first name will be provided.
3. This contest is subject to all applicablelaws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., SinclairTelevision Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications, LLC, The Douglas Group, Inc.dba UPICKEM, Buddy Media, Inc., Ciceron, Inc., Facebook, Inc., Facebook.com, andCapital Region Orthopaedics: The Bone & Joint Specialists accept no responsibilityor liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kindcaused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prizeawarded hereunder.
4. Station cannot be held liable for any lost orstolen entries, prizes or contest information. Station is not responsible for any computer or electronic malfunction,server unavailability, technological glitch, or human error relating to thiscontest.
5. Station reserves the right to make rules andcontest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.
6. By entering thiscontest, each entrant waives any and all claims of liability against theStation, any sponsors, Facebook.com, and their respective parent, affiliates,officers, directors, employees and agents, for any and all claims, loss, damageor injury which may occur as a result of entrants participation in thiscontest.
7. Facebook,Inc. and www.facebook.com (collectively, Facebook) are not affiliated withthe Station nor this contest. This contest is in no way sponsored,endorsed, or administered by or associated with Facebook.