Chef Gail Sokol Whole Wheat Pizza
Updated: Wednesday, March 20 2013, 01:56 PM EDT
Chef Gail Sokol’s Thin and Crispy Veggie Pizzas
Makes at least 16 wedges
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 cup frozen corn, thawed
2 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
4 low-fat or fat-free whole-wheat flour tortillas
2 (14 ounce) cans no salt added diced tomatoes, drained well
1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup low-fat or fat-free shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
Olive oil to drizzle
1. Preheat oven to 400° F. On a sheet pan, combine olive oil, corn, and broccoli.
2. Roast vegetables for about 10 minutes or until slightly browned. Remove from oven.
3. Increase oven temperature to 450° F.
4. Place 2 tortillas on each of 2 foil-lined sheet pans. Toast tortillas in oven for 3-5 minutes or until each tortilla is beginning to get crispy. Remove from oven.
5. Scatter drained diced tomatoes evenly over each tortilla.
6. Combine the two cheeses with the crushed red pepper and dried Italian seasoning. Scatter evenly over each tortilla.
7. Evenly scatter roasted corn and broccoli over each tortilla.
8. Drizzle each pizza with olive oil.
9. Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
10. Cut each pizza into 4-6 wedges and serve immediately.