Chef Gail Sokol Mayor's Favorite Cookies
Updated: Wednesday, March 20 2013, 01:56 PM EDT
Healthier Crispy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes about 5 dozen small cookies
2 tablespoons light butter, softened
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup canola oil
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup light brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
1 large egg
1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
1/2 cup old-fashioned oats (not instant)
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup semisweet mini chips
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Using a hand mixer, blend together light butter, butter, oil, both sugars, and vanilla on low speed.
2. Add vinegar and egg. Blend well.
3. Whisk together flour, oats, salt, baking soda, and baking powder until blended.
4. Add dry ingredients to butter and sugar mixture. Add all the chips and combine.
5. Drop dough by tablespoons onto parchment lined sheet pans spacing cookies about 2 inches apart.
6. Bake at 350° F for about 15 minutes or until cookies are a light brown color.