Chef Gail Sokol Healhy Super Bowl Dip
Updated: Wednesday, March 20 2013, 01:56 PM EDT
Garlicky Bean Dip with Whole Wheat Pita Chips
1 cup packed parsley leaves, chopped
2 garlic cloves
2 (19 ounce) cans white cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
1 teaspoon kosher salt
3 tablespoons lemon juice
6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1. In a food processor, mince parsley and garlic.
2. Add remaining ingredients except olive oil. Purée until ingredients are smooth.
3. With the motor running, slowly add the olive oil until well blended.
4. Serve bean dip with cut up vegetables or whole wheat pita chips.
4 whole wheat pita breads, each one split open into two circles and cut into eighths
Nonstick cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Place pita triangles onto 2 sheet pans and spray lightly with cooking spray. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until brown and crispy.
3. Cool. Serve with Garlicky Bean Dip