Ultimate Valley Cats VIP Game Experience Contest
Ultimate Valley Cats VIP Game Experience Contest Official Rules
Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be U.S. residents who are 18 years of age or older, reside in the WRGB viewing area, and become a member of the Valley Cats text club (as further described below).
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications, LLC, and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast station WRGB (the Station), the Tri-City Valley Cats, their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term immediate families includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren.
How to Enter
(a) No purchase is necessary to enter. Only one entry per contestant . Authorized account holder of the mobile telephone number associated with the entry is considered the entrant.
(b) To enter, text valleycats to the short code 67336. Standard text messaging rates apply to all text message entries sent. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted. The Station reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to disqualify any entry. Text STOP to 67336 to cancel. Text HELP to 67336 for help. By entering, all entrants will be automatically registered for the Valley Cats Text Club. By registering, text club members will receive up to one (1) text message per week and 1 message relating to this contest.
(c) The contest starts on June 1, 2013, and all entries must be received by Station by 12:00 a.m. EDT on June 21, 2013. Station is not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected entries or server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction, or if text message is not received.
(d) On or around June 24, 2013, one (1) winner will be selected by random drawing from among valid text club registrations on record as of 12:00 a.m. on June 21, 2013.
(e) All entries received that are mutilated, tampered with, incorrect, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and the Station and will not be acknowledged or returned.
1. One (1) winner will be selected. One (1) winner will receive: a) batting practice viewing for the winner and three (3) guests to one (1) select eligible regular season 2013 ValleyCats home game; b) autographs on the field prior to the game; c) Luxury Suite Box during the selected game, to accommodate the winner and up to fifteen (15) guests; d) ValleyCats hats for Luxury Box guests; and e) Recognition on the ValleyCats video board during the game. Exact dates are to be determined at the sole discretion of the Tri-City ValleyCats. Tickets are subject to availability. The prize package is valued at $900. The Station and sponsors are not responsible in the event the game is cancelled or postponed.
2. Winner will be notified by e-mail or phone. Winner must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within three (3) days of notification at the time winner claim his/her prize in person. Winner must show picture identification to claim prizes. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. If the winner cannot be notified within three (3) days, or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner randomly selected from among remaining valid text club registrations on record as of 12:00 a.m. on June 21, 2013.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. Each winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules. Winner must sign a W-9 form.
6. Only one prize will be awarded per household.
7. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
8. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
1. Odds of winning depend on the number of registrations/entries received.
2. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at WRGB, 1400 Balltown Road, Niskayuna, NY, and on the Stations website at www.cbs6albany.com.
3. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to WRGB, 1400 Balltown Road, Niskayuna, NY 12309 by July 1, 2013.
4. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications, LLC, and Tri-City Valley Cats accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
5. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information. Station is not responsible for any computer or electronic malfunction, server unavailability, technological glitch, or human error relating to this contest and/or the use of short-code.
6. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.